Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pick an outfit to match the scarf

You know how most people pick a scarf to go with their outfit? Weeelll let's just say I do the exact opposite. So I pick an outfit to match my scarf. Why?? Well, it's because i think a scarf is more than an accessory. It's not an extra piece that could be dealt without. It is a symbol of completeness like icing on a cake. This is why each scarf should be picked with ultimate respect to detail, material and dimensions.



Pick an outfit to match the scarf




So for the longest time ever, I was only making use of only a couple of my scarves. More specifically, the dark colored ones just because my outfits best matched with those scarves. I got ahold of a couple of bright solid-colored pashmina scarves and then ended up throwing them in one of my drawers and completely forgetting about them because never really wore an outfit that could go with one of those scarves. I eventually got bored because being the person I am, I enjoy change every once in a while which is why I've found that my style has drastically changed over the years. Sometimes twice a year. I opened my drawer and found all those beautiful pashmina scarves laying there and I decided "Why not pick an outfit to match the scarves that I DO want to wear rather than picking an outfit and matching it with a scarf that Im simply bored of?" 


I went from I need a scarf to match my outfit to I need an outfit to match my scarf.I think it's good to break the routine every once in a while and change things up a bit.
Thank you so much for reading

xoxo
Écharpe à la Mode

No comments:

Post a Comment